The Root Chakra is one of the three material chakras and Deals with tasks related to the material and physical world; partnerships, business and traditional family relationships. It affects our motivation and driving force for accomplishing goals, ability to have passion and power on the positive side. Our ability to stand up for ourselves and say no to others is also governed by this chakra. The following list are ten things you should know about the root chakra in order to attain and maintain balance.
- Lessons: Survival-the right to exist.
- Body Intelligence: I have
- Location: Between the anus and the sex organs.
- Colors: Red, Black and Brown
- Element: Earth
- Sense: Smell
- Endocrine Gland: Adrenal Glands
- Body Parts: Adrenal Gland, spine, hips, rectum, buttocks, lymph system, skeleton system (teeth and bones), and the lower extremities (legs, knees, feet, ankles, etc.). Also the nose, since it is the organ of the sense of smell, and associated with survival. Symptoms in these parts of the body represent tensions at the level of the Root Chakra.
- Power to achieve goals, vitality, grounding.
- When balanced it enables; material security, stability and courage.
Our bodies are in a constant state of flux between balance and imbalance. Paying attention to symptoms that manifest in the body parts associated with this chakra. This will help you to be clued in as to the state of your root chakra.
Keeping the Root Chakra Open and Fluid
Eating foods that grow in the earth like beets, carrots, cabbage can help to active energy flow in this chakra. Also, foods that are red in color can help to activate the free flow of energy in the root chakra. Being outside in nature, gardening, walking bare feet, sitting directly on the earth etc. are all ways to increase the flow of energy in your root chakra.