The throat chakra is centered in the throat and also the neck and shoulders. This chakra is also the 5th in the chakra system. Further, it is the first of the higher chakras it forms a bridge between your mind and your body. Additionally, this chakra is pictured as blue and represents expression and communication.
The throat chakra helps you express your truth and find your true path in life. You become your deepest self in the world. This is where the rubber meets the road. No longer are you just being creative or feeling expressive. Now you are also enacting your creativity with your literal voice. This chakra has the power of sound and vibration.
There is a direct link between the second chakra and the fifth. Both focus on personal expression and creativity. Here one’s personal expression manifests outwardly in one’s voice. This is where the inner self literally and actually reaches out to the world at large.
Benefits of Balancing your Throat Chakra
When the throat chakra is aligned, one feels in sync with life. Your voice is literally listened to and really heard. You don’t simply feel creative. You are creative and manifesting this creativity in the world.
However, it is easy for the throat chakra to be blocked. If you are scared or very shy, you may not be able to express yourself. Therefore, you might be unable to speak and be very timid and shut down.
On the other hand, sometimes the problem is speaking too much. You cannot stop talking, and what you say may not have as much value and power as you would like. This can happen if you are out of your integrity or not really being true to yourself.
Here are some things you can do if your throat chakra is blocked or not well aligned.
5 Tips to Align and Open Your Throat Chakra
- You can visualize a blue light deep within your throat getting bigger and brighter and balancing the throat chakra.
- You can try singing, and toning to get your voice in tune because there are sounds associated with each chakra. (do a quick internet search for throat chakra sounds)
- You can meditate on what you truly need and want to say and get into integrity with yourself.
- You can practice with loved ones or infront of a mirror, saying what needs saying. Then you can say what you need to say, to the people you need to speak with in your life
- You can sing in public, at open mics or you can be a feature. You can also join community choruses and other singing groups.
Balancing your Throat Chakra
Still, though all of these suggestions are helpful, it may be very challenging to overcome the blocks in this chakra. Our culture wants us to go along to get along. Expressing one’s true self is not to be confused with mouthing off, however, it is not the same as expressing one’s deep truth.
It can be downright scary to speak one’s truth. Yet, if one does not find one’s authentic voice, is one really being oneself or really living? Is one?
It may take outside help to find your voice. Fyonna is someone who listens well, so your true voice can be heard. She is also expert at energetically releasing whatever is getting in the way of expressing your true self.
Why be left out of what is most important in life? Why not find the way to add your voice to the chorus of those who are making the world a better place?